I’m so glad you’re here. Enjoy exploring the writings, songs and videos on this site. I hope they inspire you to find a sense of roots and belonging no matter where you are now, or where you are from.
Linger longer to learn more about how connecting to places from your past or present can make a difference in your life, your community and beyond.
Dive deeper by downloading my free ebook. Make plans to attend (or host) a performance, training or other event with me someday soon!
The process I offer as a sense-of-place performer, speaker and educator is called the Soulful Stewardship Method. It’s rooted in the philosophy that personal stories of connection create caring, which inspires stewardship.
Sense of Place and Stewardship
Sense-of-place performances, keynotes, trainings and seminars
Each program is customized to enrich your local and regional and personal sense-of-place. This method works equally well in an urban or rural setting and are designed for all ages and levels of experience. I specalize in working with parks, organizations, learning centers and others whose work involves connecting people and place.
This work started 30-years ago when I was a student at Hampshire College. Learn more about my background as an aspiring wildlife biologist, turned singer/songwriter, turned sense-of-place advocate helping to heal the disconnect between people and place on the About Page here.
Healing the Disconnect
Learn about my Mission and Philosophy page here
When we work together, you'll explore what sense-of-place means for you. Because your sense-of-place is as unique as you are.
It exsits at the intersection between what you know and what you feel. It's where factual knowledge and personal experience intersect. That region is a rich and fertile territory. You'll find a creative voice you never knew you had. You'll articulate the meaning of nature, history, culture and place in your life. You'll feel a sense of place and belonging that is deeply needed in the world today.
You'll also feel the roots of authentic stewardship. (Becasue personal connection, creates caring, which inspires stewardship.)
What you learn can be used as a journey of personal self-discovery, or as a toolkit of "nuts and bolts" practices to help inspire stewardship with groups of all ages.
Learn more about these Programs & Services here.
- Feel rooted in a sense-of-place and belonging, no matter where you are, or where you are from.
- Uncover meaningful stories of personal connections to places from your past or present.
- Gain tools to see the layers of time, nature and history of your place or region.
- Find creative ways to inspire caring and stewardship.
- Enrich your life and recharge your soul.
- Enjoy a journey of song, story, reflection that is both educational and fun.
Partial Client List
- National Association of State Park Volunteer Coordinators
- National Park Service
- National Association of State Park Directors
- National Association for Interpretation
- Land Trust Alliance
- National Religious Partnership for the Environment
- American Horticultural Youth and Garden Symposium
- Social Venture Network
- Teton Science School
- Antioch Graduate School
- The Thoreau Institute
Watch Erica's TEDx Talk : To Know Who You Are, Know Where You Are
Watch this 4 minute introductory video: